Table of Contents
2021 I-9 Form – An i9 Form 2021, a federal government form, is used to verify that staff members are authorized to work in America. In order to comply, all employees must provide supporting documentation as proof.
What Is An I9 Form 2021?
2021 I-9 Form, Employers provide a new-hire document, the i9-2021, also known by an Employment Eligibility Verification Form.
It is used to verify the identity of staff members and determine whether they are eligible to work for the business. It was developed by the DHS (Department of Homeland Security) industry of the USA Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), and it is required to be completed by every single employee who works in the United States of America (USA).
Who Uses An I9 Form 2021?
All new employees must complete the i9 Form 2021 during the workday. Within three days after the employee starts work, the business must verify their qualifications and recognize files. Also, tape-record all information on the I-9 form.
If the employee is unable to read or write in English, the form provides the option of having a translation or legal preparer complete the form on the employee’s behalf.
2021 I-9 Form is required if you are, or were, any of these people:
- Employed on or prior to Nov. 6, 1986, (or on or prior to Nov. 27, 2007, if work remains in the Republic of the North Mariana Islands) as well as have an affordable assumption of work in any way times.
- Relaxed residential operations in a private house.
- An independent specialist.
- This is used by a specialist who offers agreement solutions, such a temp agency.
- You should not be working with U.S. soil.
If you’re self-employed, you won’t be required to provide your own I-9 form.
Where Can You Get The I9 2021 Form?
A duplicate of the I-9 Form may be available from your employer. You may also download and print the form from the link below. It comes from the USCIS website.