What Is An I9 – An i9 Form 2021 is a federal government form that is used to verify whether or not a staff member is authorized to work in the United States. In order to comply, all employees must provide supporting documentation as proof.
What Is An I9 Form 2021?
What Is An I9, New employees must complete an i9 Form 2021, also known as an Employment Eligibility Verification Form, which is provided by their employer as part of the new-hire documentation.
The I-9 Form is utilized to confirm a staff member’s identification and also to identify whether they are qualified to start to benefit the business. It was developed by the DHS (Department of Homeland Security) industry of the USA Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), and it is required to be completed by every single employee who works in the United States of America (USA).
Who Uses The I9 Form 2021
All new employees will need to complete an i9 2021 form during their first day of work. Within three days of an employee’s first day at work, the employer must verify his or her qualifications and acknowledgment files. The I-9 Form also needs to be tape-recorded.
If the employee cannot read or write English properly, the form offers the option to have a translator or legal preparer complete it on his behalf.
What Is An I9 is required if you are, or were, any of these people:
- If work is still in the Republic of North Mariana Islands, you must have been employed on or before Nov. 6, 1986 (or on or before Nov. 27, 2007 if it’s not), and an acceptable assumption of work at all times.
- You can do laid-back residential operations in your own home.
- An independent specialist.
- It is usually used by a specialist in providing agreement solutions, like a temp agency.
- You should not be working with U.S. soil.
If you’re self-employed, you won’t be required to provide your own I-9 form.
Where To Get An I9 Form 2021
You may receive a duplicate of your I-9 Form from your employer. You can also download it and print it using the link below. This is the USCIS website source.