I-9 Form – An i9 Form 2021 is a federal form used to verify if a staff person is authorized to work within the United States. All employees must present supporting documentation to support their claim.
What Is The I9 Form 2021?
I-9 Form, Employers provide a new-hire document, the i9-2021, also known by an Employment Eligibility Verification Form.
The I-9 forms are used to verify an employee’s identity as well as to establish whether the person is qualified to benefit the business. The I-9 Form was created by the DHS (Department of Homeland Security), the industry of USA Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). It is mandatory for every employee working in the United States of America (USA).
Who Uses The I9 Form 2021
All new employees must complete the i9 Form 2021 during the workday. The business must verify the qualifications and recognition files of each employee within three days of their first day of employment.
The form allows the employee to request a translator or legal professional to complete the form for them if they are unable or unwilling to read English.
You must fill out I-9 Form if you are or were one of the following:
- Must have worked on or before November 6, 1986 (or Nov. 27, 2007, in the Republic of North Mariana Islands), as well as an affordable assumption of employment at any time.
- You can do laid-back residential operations in your own home.
- An independent specialist.
- A specialist offering agreement solutions, such like a temp agent, may use this method.
- It is not recommended to work with dirt from the United States.
If you are self-employed, your I-9 forms won’t be required.
Where Can I Get An I9 Form 2021?
You may receive a duplicate of your I-9 Form from your employer. You can also download and print it from this link, which is the source on the USCIS site.