IRS I-9 Form – An i9 Form 2021 is a federal form used to verify if a staff person is authorized to work within the United States. All employees must produce supporting documentation in order to comply.
What Is An I9 Form 2021?
IRS I-9 Form, New employees must complete an i9 Form 2021, also known as an Employment Eligibility Verification Form, which is provided by their employer as part of the new-hire documentation.
The I-9 form is used to verify a staff member’s identity and to determine if they are qualified to begin to benefit the company. It was created by DHS (Department of Homeland Security), an industry of USA Citizenship and Immigration Services. Every employee who works in the United States of America must complete it.
Who Uses The I9 Form 2021?
All new employees are required by law to fill out an i9 form 2021 every day. The business must verify the qualifications and recognition files of each employee within three days of their first day of employment.
If the employee cannot read or write English properly, the form offers the option to have a translator or legal preparer complete it on his behalf.
IRS I-9 Form is required if you are, or were, any of these people:
- If work is still in the Republic of North Mariana Islands, you must have been employed on or before Nov. 6, 1986 (or on or before Nov. 27, 2007 if it’s not), and an acceptable assumption of work at all times.
- You can do laid-back residential operations in your own home.
- An independent specialist.
- This is used by a specialist who offers agreement solutions, such a temp agency.
- Avoid working with U.S. dirt
If you’re self-employed, you won’t be required to provide your own I-9 form.
Where Can You Get The I9 2021 Form?
An I-9 Form duplicate may be provided by your employer. It is possible to download the I-9 Form and print it by clicking the link below.