I9 Requirements – An i9 Form 2021 is a federal form used to verify if a staff person is authorized to work within the United States. All employees must present supporting documentation to support their claim.
What Is The I9 2021 Form?
I9 Requirements, Employers provide a new-hire document, the i9-2021, also known by an Employment Eligibility Verification Form.
The I-9 Form is utilized to confirm a staff member’s identification and also to identify whether they are qualified to start to benefit the business. The I-9 Form was created by the DHS (Department of Homeland Security), the industry of USA Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). It is mandatory for every employee working in the United States of America (USA).
Who Uses The I9 Form 2021
All new employees are required, at all times, to complete an I9 Form 2021. Within three working days, the company must verify and record the employee’s qualifications and recognition files.
If an employee cannot read or write English, they can have the form translated or completed by a legal preparer.
If you are or were any of the following, you must complete I9 Requirements:
- If work is still in the Republic of North Mariana Islands, you must have been employed on or before Nov. 6, 1986 (or on or before Nov. 27, 2007 if it’s not), and an acceptable assumption of work at all times.
- Relaxed residential operations in a private house.
- An independent specialist.
- It is usually used by a specialist in providing agreement solutions, like a temp agency.
- You should not be working with U.S. soil.
If you are self-employed, your I-9 forms won’t be required.
Where Can I Get An I9 Form 2021?
A duplicate of the I-9 Form may be available from your employer. You may also download and print the form from the link below. It comes from the USCIS website.