Table of Contents
I9 Document – An i9 Form 2021 is a federal form used to verify if a staff person is authorized to work within the United States. All employees must present supporting documentation to support their claim.
What Is An I9 Form 2021?
I9 Document, Employers provide a new-hire document, the i9-2021, also known by an Employment Eligibility Verification Form.
The I-9 Form is used to confirm the identity of a staff member and to identify whether they are qualified for employment. It was created by DHS (Department of Homeland Security), an industry of USA Citizenship and Immigration Services. Every employee who works in the United States of America must complete it.
Who Uses An I9 Form 2021?
All new employees will need to complete an i9 2021 form during their first day of work. Within three days after the employee starts work, the business must verify their qualifications and recognize files. Also, tape-record all information on the I-9 form.
If the employee cannot read or write English properly, the form offers the option to have a translator or legal preparer complete it on his behalf.
You must fill out I9 Document if you are or were one of the following:
- If work is still in the Republic of North Mariana Islands, you must have been employed on or before Nov. 6, 1986 (or on or before Nov. 27, 2007 if it’s not), and an acceptable assumption of work at all times.
- Doing laid-back residential operations in a personal house.
- An independent specialist.
- Utilized by a specialist supplying agreement solutions, such as a temp agency.
- Not working with U.S. dirt.
If you’re self-employed, you won’t be required to provide your own I-9 form.
Where To Get An I9 Form 2021
It is possible that your employer will provide you with a duplicate of the I-9 Form. You can also download and print it from this link, which is the source on the USCIS site.